The main goal of Biomedical treatment as sourced from Generation Rescue are:
1. Reducing the toxic load: Achieving a non-toxic life in today’s world is almost impossible. Understanding what is toxic, how they are harmful and how to avoid toxins will help reduce intake. “Autism—The Biomedical Basics,” by Polly Hattemer is an excellent resource.
2. Healing the gut: A properly functioning gut is important for overall health. Imbalances in the gut can lead to further issues and comorbid conditions. Help heal the gut with protocols including diet, antifungals, antivirals, digestive enzymes, prebiotics and probiotics.
3. Increasing nutrients for the body: quality multi-vitamins and minerals.
4. Removing metals and other toxins from the body: chelation, anti-yeast protocols, methylation, MB12, valtrex and homeopathy.
Here is information on the simplified approach to biomedical treatment.
Here is information on the detailed approach to biomedical treatment.
Therapies commonly seen
Vitamin B12 Injections
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
Stem Cell Therapy
Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT)
- Food Grade Diotomaceous Earth
- Pinx for pinworms
- Humaworm is a popular herbal protocol
- Paragon for kids
A Review of Complementary and Alternative Treatments for ASD can be found here.
Hi, I have been tested and confirmed that I have Pyroluria. Being a nutritionally-based health problem, I suspect it is largely ignored by the medical community ( along with other nutritionally-based illnesses) because Medical Doctors are trained to focuse on symptom-management-drugs that can be patented and promoted by Big drug companies. I am writing a book titled: “A Lifetime of Healing” and there will be a chapter on Pyroluria and how it created havoc in my family for decades before I found this ailment and got treatment. I want to write about it with scientific documentation and good sources. Suggestions are welcomed. I want to know what percentage of the public at large is grappling with this largely un-diagnosed ailment. I also wonder is Celiac Sprue is a co-factor and the digestive protocols for correcting that specifically. It is no surprise to me that people with this ailment seek out anything they can find to alter their brain chemistry. Alcohol is a big one, but how about sex and love addiction/ food addiction/ gambling/ and other substances like illegal drugs? My guess is that it is at least 10% of the population at large since chaotic personalities find others like themselves, marry them and reinforce the genetic trend. I want to understand more and report it to people affected by this under-diagnosed ailment.