The main goal of Biomedical treatment as sourced from Generation Rescue are:
1. Reducing the toxic load: Achieving a non-toxic life in today’s world is almost impossible. Understanding what is toxic, how they are harmful and how to avoid toxins will help reduce intake. “Autism—The Biomedical Basics,” by Polly Hattemer is an excellent resource.
2. Healing the gut: A properly functioning gut is important for overall health. Imbalances in the gut can lead to further issues and comorbid conditions. Help heal the gut with protocols including diet, antifungals, antivirals, digestive enzymes, prebiotics and probiotics.
3. Increasing nutrients for the body: quality multi-vitamins and minerals.
4. Removing metals and other toxins from the body: chelation, anti-yeast protocols, methylation, MB12, valtrex and homeopathy.
Here is information on the simplified approach to biomedical treatment.
Here is information on the detailed approach to biomedical treatment.
Therapies commonly seen
Vitamin B12 Injections
Stem Cell Therapy
Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT)
- Food Grade Diotomaceous Earth
- Pinx for pinworms
- Humaworm is a popular herbal protocol
- Paragon for kids
A Review of Complementary and Alternative Treatments for ASD can be found here.